|Trustworthy signing time for the Estonian digital signature|
|Kokkuvõte||The current Estonian digital signature scheme does not provide a trusted attestation of the time when the signature was created. The timestamp of the signature only proves that the signature existed at that time.|
The aim of the thesis is to modify the current digital signature scheme by adding a trustworthy signing time (or more precisely - the narrower period of when the signing might have taken place) by adding an extra timestamp under the signatory's signature.
- Analyze the required digital signature file format changes and its compliance to international standards.
- Analyse Slovakia's initiative of using ContentTimeStamp element.
- Analyze whether the inclusion of an OCSP response instead of a timestamp can solve the validation issues due to certificate suspension.
- Suggest signing time (signing time period) calculation algorithm and its representation in the graphical user interface.
- Provide a proof-of-concept implementation for DigiDoc4 client and digidocpp library (https://github.com/open-eid).
|Lõputöö kaitsmise aasta||2019-2020|